It has nothing to do with me, except maybe the vague industry connection, but I can’t help but say something about Brendan Eich.
Or maybe I don’t want to say anything, though it does raise a lot of questions for me, none of which I have clear answers for.
- Does being a “tolerant” person also mean tolerating intolerance?
- If we can’t boycott everything should we boycott nothing?
- Can a CEO (or anyone) hold two opposing beliefs, one for themselves and one for work? Is that person trustworthy?
- Were people who spoke out against laws banning interracial marriage chided in their time for being “politically correct”?
- Is it ever morally defensible to deny someone’s rights based on something they can’t choose?
- Are there any universal human morals? Anything we can all agree is beyond discussion?
- Should anything ever not be discussed?